Alpaca Farm Tour Gift Voucher
- Location: Akaroa, Canterbury
- Product code: GV-FT
Full of attitude, seriously cute and very, very photogenic – come and meet our friendly award winning alpacas.
Just one hour from Christchurch, you’ll find Shamarra Alpaca Farm on the beautiful Banks Peninsula across the harbour from Akaroa. With over 170 grazing alpacas you are guaranteed to make some furry friends while enjoying spectacular sea views. Tour our farm and visit our shop, exclusively stocking our luxurious New Zealand-made Shamarra alpaca knitwear.
Your Tour Itinerary
- Your tour starts with a brief introduction to alpacas and their unique and quirky habits. You will be coming into close contact with your new found friends so we will also give a quick safety briefing with an alpaca in the barn.
- An award winning alpaca fleece is on display and you get to feel the incredible cashmere like softness of superfine alpaca whilst learning about their amazing qualities.
- We will then walk you through our alpaca herd where you can enjoy interacting with these gentle animals while they graze contentedly in their natural habitat.
- Feed the mothers with their their young by their side. This provides some amazing close up alpaca contact and great photos.
- Take advantage of the views across Akaroa harbour which are absolutely phenomenal and provide endless photo opportunities for lasting memories of your visit to our farm.